Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Better Late Than Never

This post is a little out of order because for some reason, I just gained access to the second quest from the 3D gamelab page.  But not to fear!  I have successfully completed it. 

This was kind of a refresher course for me because I had already moved ahead to others and learned most of what this quest taught, but it was very interesting because this happens in a regular classroom as well.  Let's pretend that a student is gone for a day (like when I missed the 2nd quest).  Moving on to the next day after missing one, like I moved on to the next quest was quite a challenge.  I often got lost, much like some students may get lost working with unfamiliar content. 

This made me really think about when I become a teacher, I need to do everything that I can to make sure that all of my students are up to speed on the current topics we are working with, and I need to be aware if students have missed assignments or are unsure of what they are doing.  Working through these second life tasks has really made it real to me what happens when students miss work. 

However, now after completing the 2nd quest, I am more confident in my Secondlife abilities, as well as in my abilities to teach and help students learn whatever it is they are instructed to learn.  Our job as teachers is to do everything that we possibly can to make sure our students pass with flying (or hovering) colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment